The EPA has allowed existing stocks of Dicamba to be used

After requests from several ag groups, the EPA issued an order allowing existing stocks to be used this year.

Farmers across the U.S. will still have access to existing stockpiles of the widely popular herbicide Dicamba this season.

After requests from several ag groups, the EPA issued an order allowing existing stocks to be used this year. This includes Dicamba currently in the U.S. which was packaged and labeled before February 6th.
The ruling says distributors and retailers in possession of qualified stocks may sell them until the end-of-use date in their state.

In a statement after the EPA’s order, the National Cotton Council said in part, “We commend them for recognizing that growers had already committed to the seeds and crop protection products for the coming year, and no viable alternatives would have been available to meet the needs of U.S. producers.”

Related Stories
“We as NCBA, we’re not shocked to see that there is a human case.”
The trustees’ 2025 annual report, released June 18, cited a law enacted this year as the primary reason why the funds are projected to run out a year earlier than previously projected.
“Sometimes populations correct on their own. That seems to be what is happening here.”

LATEST STORIES BY THIS AUTHOR:

“A government shutdown impacts all Americans and has serious consequences, including for farmers. It just adds additional uncertainty, disrupts critical services.”
On Champions of Rural America, Rep. Dusty Johnson underscores the Western Caucus’ ongoing commitment to advocating for farmers and rural communities.
Catch the special, “Praise and Worship: More Than a Hollow Hallelujah,” on The Gaither Gospel Hour, Friday at 8 PM ET only on RFD-TV!
Consumer demand for regional food systems is strong, but the challenge lies in scaling production and infrastructure to meet that growing need.
National FFA Organization Chief Program Officer Christine White previews the programs and activities planned for this year’s FFA Convention.
Dave Kestel, a farmer from Will County and member of the Illinois Farm Bureau, joins us to share a boots-on-the-ground update on the 2025 corn harvest.