NASHVILLE, TENN. (RFD NEWS) — After months of legal back and forth, including a Supreme Court battle, tariff refunds could begin going out this week.
More than 75,000 businesses had reportedly applied for refunds as of last month after the Supreme Court struck down the president’s use of emergency tariffs.
The White House says it plans to appeal the ruling.
U.S. Customs told the Court of International Trade it was targeting this week to begin issuing payments. Current estimates indicate the federal government could be forced to return more than $150 billion to importers.
Related Stories
Beal joined us on Friday’s Market Day Report to discuss her election to NASDA’s presidency, challenges facing American agriculture, and her background as a Mainer and dairy farmer.
RFD-TV Farm Legal and Taxation expert Roger McEowen joined us Friday to break down the executive order and what it means for farmers and ranchers.
Chad Rezniek with the Colorado AgrAbility Project joined us as part of National Farm Safety and Health Week to discuss the growing need for behavioral health support in rural communities.
Potash has seen the most significant decline, falling 11 percent over the same five-year period.
China’s buying decisions continue to be a critical factor in shaping cotton prices and export opportunities worldwide.
Secretary Rollins’ plan targets high costs, labor challenges, and export growth, delivering relief at home while building markets abroad.